The Advanced Signal Processing Group (GTAS, in Spanish) is part of the Communications Engineering Department of the University of Cantabria. It is located at the E.T.S.I. Industriales y Telecomunicaciones, Avda Los Castros s/n. Santander 39005, SPAIN.
The GTAS conducts research in the development of digital signal processing algorithms for communications, as well as in machine-learning techniques and nonlinear modeling. Currently, the research activity of the GTAS is focused on the following topics:
- Signal processing techniques for MIMO communication links.
- CSI (Channel State Information) estimation techniques, synchronization, detection techniques,...
- Capacity analysis of MIMO links.
- Development of hardware MIMO testbeds and performance evaluation.
- Machine-learning techniques and their applications.
- Kernel methods, neural networks and adaptive information processing systems.
- Multivariate statistical techniques: PCA, CCA and ICA.
- Nonlinear modeling.