The Advanced Signal Processing Group (GTAS, in Spanish) is part of the Communications Engineering Department of the University of Cantabria. It is located at the E.T.S.I. Industriales y Telecomunicaciones, Avda Los Castros s/n. Santander 39005, SPAIN.
The research activity of the GTAS is focused on the following topics:
- Signal processing techniques for MIMO communication links.
- CSI (Channel State Information) estimation techniques, synchronization, detection techniques,...
- Capacity analysis of MIMO links.
- Development of hardware MIMO testbeds and performance evaluation.
- Machine-learning techniques and their applications.
- Kernel methods, neural networks and adaptive information processing systems.
- Multivariate statistical techniques: PCA, CCA and ICA.
- Nonlinear modeling.
Most of the publications originated by GTAS members may be found in the publications section (journals, international conferences, PhD and MSc. dissertations). In these topics the GTAS group has been involved in several research projects funded by the Spanish Government (Plan Nacional I+D+I) and the European Union (FEDER, BRITE-EURAM and IST programs). GTAS members have also been involved in a number of projects with private companies to develop hardware/software equipment for wireless communication systems, DSP-based systems for signal acquisition, processing and monitoring, and machine learning solutions for pattern recognition problems in industrial environments.
Ignacio Santamaría Caballero
Dpt. of Communications Engineering
Laboratorios de I+D de telecomunicaciones
University of Cantabria
Plaza de la Ciencia s/n, 39005 Santander, Spain
phone: +34 942 201552
Fax: +34 942 201488